THIS EVENT HAS NOW BEEN CANCELLED due to the current COVID-19 situation in South East Queensland.
We do hope to plan another date in the future.
King St's free open-air cinema will be hosted in Alexandria Park, adjacent to King St in the Brisbane Showgrounds, with free popcorn, roving winter-themed entertainment and even a snow machine!
Little guests will love the screening of Abominable (PG) at 5:15 pm, while classic rom-com The Holiday (PG-13) will be shown at (approximately) 7:30pm — you can register for one or both sessions here, and registrations are mandatory to ensure COVID-safe compliance.
Dogs are welcome too (just be sure to clean up after them)!
We'll have some give-aways to keep you warm, but guests are encouraged to bring your own picnic blankets and cushions so you can really get comfortable — those with chairs are kindly requested to sit towards the back to ensure everyone has a great view!
A coffee and gelato cart from La Macelleria will be onsite for you to purchase some tasty treats.
And you can organise a take-away dinner to enjoy while watching your movie of choice!
This is a family-friendly FREE night for everyone and will include:
- roving entertainment
- live jazz before the movies kick-off with the JMI Swingin' Sixers, a 6-piece traditional Dixieland band
- a King St gift voucher for each group in attendance to put towards dinner
- La Macelleria coffee & gelato cart for delicious treats
- a snow machine, snow globe and heaters to warm you up when you need it
- and free give-aways including kids' activity packs, doggie treats, popcorn & more!
Alcohol and glass are not permitted.
There is FREE 3-hour parking in the King St carpark (entry via Machinery Street) all day on Saturday, and if you park more than 3 hours, the charge is capped at just $10. Find out more here.
Updated: 30 June 2021